Friday, September 17, 2010

chocolate covered strawberry smoothie

I think this may be just as good, if not better than the Chocolate Cherry Bomb! This should be called the "Chocolate Covered-Keeps You Going All Day- Strawberry Smoothie"
So as we all know, protein powders can be very pricey, especially if you want different flavors. While I normally roll with a big 2 pounder of Vanilla Sun Warrior, I do get the occasional hankering for a chocolate smoothie. I don't have 'tha bread' to keep both flavors around, so I just mosey on down to my local grocery store or health food store and pick up a few of the single serving packets of whatever sounds good in a chocolate flavor. I always go with something vegan and choose raw if at all possible. For today's CCSS, I went with Amazing Grass's Superfood Chocolate Powder, which has all sorts of nutrients and delicious things in it.

Try it out!

In the Mix:

1 C frozen strawberries
1 C water or almond milk or a mixture
1 packet Amazing Grass Superfood Chocolate Powder
1 scoop Vanilla Sun Warrior
1 banana
1 T raw cacao powder
Cacao nibs to taste

Blend!

No comments:

Post a Comment