Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Raw Almond Butter Cups

Hey everyone! I hope you had a great Valentines Day, and today's post is just bringing you a lil' recipe for some everyday treats you can make in five minutes! These are my favorite raw treats, they remind me so much of Reeses peanut butter cups. They're not to sweet(but adjustable of course!) and not too rich, like so many raw pies and cakes can be. Any raw nut butter will do, next time I will try with coconut butter :) I was really intimidated to try this recipe so here's a step-by-step just for you:

First prepare a batch of liquid chocolate a la Ani Phyo, or just combine one part liquid extra virgin coconut oil to one part ground cacao, I used 1/2 C : 1/2 C. If you live in a warm climate your coconut oil is probably already liquidated, but if you live in a Seattle-like climate just run the jar under warm water a few minutes, it melts quickly. Avoid microwaving. If you're using cacao nibs, which I highly recommend, grind them very well, for at least a minute to avoid graininess. Then sweeten to taste with coconut nectar, agave, stevia, or mesquite(I used 1 T mesquite) and pour half of the mixture into a muffin tin as pictured above. Throw in the freezer for about 5 minutes to solidify the chocolate.

Stir your almond butter with about 1/2 t pink himalayan sea salt and scoop 1-2 t on to your solidified chocolate pieces. Distribute the last of the chocolate over the almond butter and throw in the freezer for about 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

What's your favorite raw dessert?

1 comment: