Friday, January 28, 2011

This is for real.


I think I have a problem. A coconut water problem. Actually it might be a coconut everything problem. Not to mention I annoying rave to anyone who will listen about the amazing benefits of coconut oil on your skin. There are so many brands, but I only drink the kind thats not flash pasteurized and have had to go through a bunch before I find the ones that taste the best. 

Likes:
  • Amy and Brian's all natural coconut juice with pulp. Trust me, it's wonderful. Their lime kind comes in second. 
  • Taste Nirvana's coconut water/pulp AND their coconut water with aloe vera juice. Both are very good. Here are the benefits of aloe vera juice (not like the cream you put on sunburns!)
  • Cracking open a young thai coconut and going to town!

Dislikes:
  • Zico coconut water! It's gross, made from concentrate and tastes nothing like coconut water. Don't be suckered in even though they have lots of fun flavors, their nasty!
  • O.N.E., Harvest Bay, and Vita Coco are all heat processed.
Coconut water hydrates you better than any man-made energy/sport drink out today. Whether you excersized hard or are just hungover, coconut water will gets your body the electrolytes it needs to recover quickly. Read about just how amazing it is here!

A few fun facts about coconut water:
  • Coconut water is more nutritious than whole milk-with no fat and cholesterol.
  • Coconut water is more healthy than orange juice-much lower in calories.
  • Coconut water is naturally sterile. Water permeates through the filtering husk.
  • Coconut water is a universal donor. It is identical to human blood plasma.
  • Coconut water is higher in potassium and magnesium and lower in sugars than any sports/energy drink.

3 comments:

  1. Can you tell me how the Amy & Brians and Taste Nirvana is processed? You don't really think they are cracking open coconuts and pouring it into the can/bottle?
    I heard that thai coconuts that you buy in the US have been treated with chemicals to preserve the white husk... have you heard this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that some young thai coconuts used to be treated with formaldehyde, but that probably doesn't apply to the drinks.
    From what I have gathered, O.N.E., Harvest Bay, and Vita Coco are all heat processed, and I can taste it. A&B's taste's like the real deal to me. I will have to do more research on how they work though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished eating and drinking a young coconut as I read this. I share in your coconut obsession.
    I agree - Zico is nasty!

    ReplyDelete