Wednesday, January 12, 2011

a new sally obsession

If you're like me and you consume a family-of-four sized salad once or twice daily, you know what I mean when I say I often have to ;switch it up' to not get bored. Well, my new obsession is Rawmesan. A friend actually recommended Parma, a vegan parmesan which I will definitely try next time, but in the same section I found Rawmesan for a cheaper price and less ingredients. I usually roll with olive, macadamia, or coconut oil for salad dressing, but when I sprinkle this on, it really pumps up the flavor and satiety of my salad, almost like a cooked meal. It's also great sprinkled on veggies! This stuff is great for people who are okay with nutritional yeast, but think it's a little overpowering.


Ingredients:Organic walnuts, organic sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, celtic sea salt. 

Nutritional Facts: 1/2 tsp (3g) Calories 15, Fat 1.5g (Sat. 0g), Carb 1g, Protein 1g, Vitamin B12 (8%DV), Zinc (2%DV), Selenium (2%DV), Phosphorus (2%DV). % Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. 

Any one tried Rawmesan, Parma, or Vegan Grated Topping?

I don't know what I waited so long to try these things!

4 comments:

  1. sista - where did you get this stuff? at someplace called sally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, that's just my 'salad' abrieviation, haha. I got it at my food co-op in seattle, but I think I've seen Parma at whole foods. Also, I'm guessing it's just 2:1:.5 Nutritional Yeast:Walnuts:sunflower seeds with celtic sea salt and pepper, and whatever spices you may want to add. I bought ingredients to make it myself because it's sortof pricey, I'll let you know how it works out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah please do!
    i'm gonna have to look for it at whole foods next time i'm there
    ps, i had this awesome kale & peanut sauce salad thing tonight and it was amazing, i'm trying to find a recipe for it
    m

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only had Parma, but I love it. I'm pretty sure the original flavor has only three ingredients (walnuts, nutritional yeast, sea salt). I've often thought I should just make it in the food processor, thanks for reminding me to do so!

    ReplyDelete