Thursday, December 16, 2010

Raw Chocolate Smackdown!

Today's post is about chocolate. Now, we all know I love chocolate judging by my many posts featuring it such as my Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie, my Raw Chocolate Covered Macaroons, and Raw Fudge. Also from my daily Chocolate Cover Katie fix. She is so great! I frequently make my own chocolate from Ani Phyo's recipe, but sometimes you just want to try new stuff or eat some heaven from a jar.


Let's compare a few, shall we? 


Rawtella 
$15.00-$19.50 / 6 oz.
Ingredients: Organic raw soaked and dehydrated hazelnuts, organic raw cacao nibs, truly raw Coconut Secret coconut sugar.
CALORIES: 190 FAT:17g SUGAR: 1g






















Flow Foods' Cacao Superfood Synergy Chocolatl 
$7.99-$9.99 / 6 oz. 
Ingredients: Raw agave, raw cacao, raw cacao powder, extra virgin coconut oil, maca root, vanilla extract, himalayan salt.
CALORIES: 120 FAT: 3.5g SUGAR: 20g




















Artisana Organic Raw Cacao Bliss 
 $8.99-$11.99 / 8 oz. 
Ingredient: Artisana Organic Raw Coconut Butter, Organic Raw Coconut Oil, Organic Raw Agave Syrup, Organic Raw Cacao, Organic Raw Cacao Butter.
CALORIES: 177 FAT: 16g SUGAR: 4g












They are all decadent and full of nutrition. As far as the facts go - it all depends on your needs. If you are sensitive to sugar, going with the Rawtella or Cacao Bliss might be your best bet. For me, I like to know that if I breach one serving size, I'm not accidently inhaling 35g of fat so I always choose the Chocolatl. I absolutely recommend giving all 3(especially the chocolatl) a try if they are carried in your area.

I hope this has been helpful with your chocolate needs :)

Which is your favorite? Anybody have a great use for Raw Chocolate? I find myself just sort of...dipping things in it. 

2 comments:

  1. For my birthday breakfast I warmed up some water and added a heaping spoonful of Chocolatl Sauce while camping in Joshua Tree. The nightime low was 18 degrees. Warm, energizing & YUMMY way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete