Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jicama Fries and a Shake

Fries: chopped up Jicama tossed with salt & pepper
Ketchup:
-1 tomato
-1/2 C sun dried tomatoes
-1 T lemon juice
-1/2 a date
-salt & pepper to taste
>instructions: blend 'er up.
I used the wonderful Lisa Paris' recipe. She's a cool chick, with ultra shiny hair. This was an okay recipe, definitely shouldn't be compared to the real thing, but I <3 the taste of sun dried tomatoes so it didn't matter to me. For me, when making raw recipes with tomatoes, I have to put something in there to enhance the color, because without the sun dried tomatoes, this mixture is a peachy pink, definitely not appetizing whatsoever. I try not to do too much 'mock food,' because raw recipes should stand on their own instead of being modeled after their cooked, deep fried and boiled counterparts. Next time i will blend this longer to give it a creamier texture.

what raw food do you think is much better than the cooked original?

Shake:
banana
homemade almond milk
raspberries
blueberries
two big handfuls of greens(spinach, today)

what's your favorite green smoothie combo?

No comments:

Post a Comment