Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Raw Carrot Cake with Kream Cheeze Frosting



This is one of my raw culinary triumphs. I based the recipe on the lovely Chocolate Covered Katie's raw cheesecake recipe, which was great to build on. The cake turned out delicious and the frosting tasted just like the philly cream cheese frosting I grew up on :D


Try this- it's not as difficult as it sounds! I usually don't attempt things with more than six ingredients, but I'm so glad I did...




Carrot Cake
1/2 cup raw almonds (unsoaked)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 heaping tablespoon raw mesquite powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup raw pecans or almonds 
8 pitted medjool dates
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 to 1/2c shredded carrot
Directions Add ingredients, in order to a food processor or blender, blending things separately as needed. Press into a pie dish or spring form pan and frost with Kreme Cheeze frosting.
Kreme Cheeze Frosting
1 C raw cashews or brazil nuts
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 a banana
1 t lemon juice
20 drops agave nectar or maple syrup
water for blending, about 1/4 C if your blender is dodgy like mine
Directions: Blend 'er up, adding water as needed..\\


Warning: This cake is super rich, it gave me quite a tummy ache so I suggest resisting the urge to shove three pieces in your face.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the warning. I have little to no self-control when it comes to Carrot Cake. Do you deliver? ツ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm the same! I'm just glad I didn't make it double-layered like I originally planned!

    ReplyDelete